Like the old saying goes: “You can do anything you put your mind too.” How powerful are our thoughts? How do they determine what we will achieve in our life? Do you find yourself lifted when you are around positive people? But then when you are around someone who is negative you just want to run away? Normally I like to be around people who are upbeat, love to laugh a lot and always have something nice to say. In return you just want to have that same effect on people. Although we do have our times when we just don’t want to be bothered. That’s ok, you are allowed to have your days, that is what makes you human. It’s always best to let your friends, significant other or co-worker know that today is not your day. With that, they will only respect you even more. I feel that the positive energy that you bring to the universe will find its way of reaping rewards to you. If you don’t de-clutter all of the dross that is floating around in your mind, it’s going to be rather difficult to be productive. For example you may hit a rut where you are trying to look for a new job. If you repeatedly have doubts and fear that you wont get the job, then it will reflect poorly during the interview. Self confidence, a smile and a positive attitude can without a doubt land you the job that you have waited for. Another tool that we sometimes forget to use is the art of visualization. For example you want to lose weight, and you want to get back in a pair of jeans that you havent seen yourself in for almost a year. You simply just imagine what you would look like in them and of course stick with a workout plan I’m guaranteed that you will get the results that you want. Yes, it will be frustrating at times but you must be able to reverse those thoughts. That power that you have is what will keep you wanting to work out and you’ll be back in those jeans and feeling pretty good. If you ever wonder why you may have failed at something in life is because you may have given up too easy. Or you could have let someone convince you that you are not good enough to achieve a goal. That negative energy is now taking over and you are lead to believe that you may not be good enough. I don’t know the most reliable means of channeling that energy in our minds. But I believe that we all have possess an enormous amount of faith inside ourselves. With that faith we have to believe that any goal big or small can be achieved. It takes hard work and dedication to achieve something that you want in life. Sometimes you may stumble and you fall. But you get up, you learn why you made that mistake and tell yourself that you wont let it happen again.
Starting your day with positive thoughts can help put you in a better spirit throughout the rest of your day. It could be anything that you choose, either positive affirmations, a scripture from the bible or a prayer. Remember that negative thoughts can drain your energy and it can keep you from being present in your moment. The more you let a negative thought affect you the stronger those thoughts become. To keep your energy at a high level here are some tips that can help.
- Yoga- Yoga teaches us to focus on our strength at that present moment. Also it helps clear your mind to prepare for your day or to help settle down at the end of the day
- Sing- It’s ok if you can’t hold a note. If you want to blast the music really loud to your favorite tune, then go ahead. It helps to release your feelings. My favorite song that reflects positivity “Summertime” by George Gershwin. Which has been covered into every genre you can think of.
- Post it-Post a favorite quote that you love and keep it different places that you usually come in contact with every day.
- Smile-Even if you don’t have anything to smile about, smile anyway. You never who you may run into. That smile could really brighten up their day.
- Do things you like-If you have a hobby that you love, do it as much as you can.
- Help someone- It’s not always going to be about you. Do something nice for a friend or even a stranger.
Just remember that the energy that you put out into this universe will reap rewards for you. I don’t always have the answer but I hope this helps
Copyright 2012 Crystal S. Purifoy